From the sound of an ice cream truck to sitting by the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa, to hearing raindrops hit the window, we all have favorite things that we love to indulge in.
With the busy and demanding world that we live in, sometimes we look for pivotal moments in our lives to make us happy–graduations, new jobs, raises…and we sometimes forget the little everyday things that can bring us joy and happiness.
I love reading what other people find comfort in, so I created a list of my 50 guilty pleasures in the hope of inspiring others. I also included some of the little things that make me happy and help to enhance my life.
1. Listening to rain hit the windows on a chilly afternoon.
Stormy afternoon in DTLA.
2. Stealing toiletries from high end hotels.
3. Picking fresh flowers and then creating the ultimate bouquet.
4. Getting a latte and spending the afternoon in a bookstore.
9. Creating the ideal playlist for a specific occasion.
11. Going to a general store and buying old fashioned candy.
12. Getting backstage access at a concert, or floor seats at basketball game.
13. Road trips while listening to ‘90s hip hop and pop songs.
14. Looking at old photographs and reminiscing on the memories.
15. Day drinking on the beach and listening to a live music.
16. Christmastime in New York City: hotel decorations, Christmas trees, walking down Broadway and 5th Avenue, the frigid air, Central Park, and tea at the Plaza.
17. Phone calls from old friends.
18. Snowball fights in the freezing cold temperature and then sitting by the fireplace to warm up with a cup of hot cocoa.
19. Looking for recipes to make and then creating the perfect meal.
20. The salt water splashing on my face while riding a jet-ski.
21. Finding multiple coupon codes to use at once and scoring a huge deal.
22. Relaxing in a jacuzzi under the stars or city lights.
23. Watching childhood Christmas movies like Eloise at Christmastime while the snow is falling and cookies are baking in the oven.
24. Birthday cake and celebrations!
25. Receiving packages, letters, and postcards in the mail.
26. The sound of an ice cream truck and ordering my favorite childhood frozen treat.
27. The feeling I get when I walk into a bakery and smell the sweet aroma of donuts, cookies, and cinnamon buns.
28. Splurging on a designer handbag.
29. Playing with puppies or kittens.
30. Going to a playground and sitting on the swings.
31. Spending the holidays on the East Coast with my family.
32. The scent of the ocean air and the feeling of the warm breeze.
33. Selling my old stuff on eBay and watching the money go into my PayPal account.
34. Having a cheat day and eating my favorites like truffle mac & cheese, and penne alla vodka.
35. Blowing off plans to order takeout and binge-watch my favorite TV shows.
36. Visiting another country or an exotic island.
41. Having dinner at a new trendy restaurant and ordering the most expensive dish on the menu.
42. Flipping through coffee table books to get inspiration.
43. Drinking Moet for no reason.
44. Saturday Sample Sales.
45. Decorating my apartment with newly bought items.
46. Going skinning dipping.
47. Giving back by donating my old clothing and accessories.
48. Heading to brunch with friends and eating french toast while drinking mimosas.
49. Clicking on Facebook profiles and reading what looks like a transcript of a Jerry Springer episode.
50. Wearing the perfect outfit and then taking selfies in front of the mirror.
What are your guilty pleasures? Comment below!
This article contains some affiliate links.