The other day @unicornsuperfoods reposted a delicious looking recipe for no bake protein brownie bars. Ever since I saw it, I have been dying to try them. Aside from the Unicorn Superfood protein powder (that I already had) the recipe required only five ingredients. Yesterday, I made them and couldn’t believe what little time it took (under 15 minutes). Instead of following the exact recipe, I used chocolate fudge protein powder rather than vanilla cake. If you’re in need of an energy boost, these plant-based brownie bars are a decadent afternoon pick me up or an ideal pre-workout snack!
You will need:
1 cup dark chocolate HuKitchen gems
¼ cup chocolate fudge protein powder
⅓ cup oat flour
⅓ cup oat milk
4 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
How to make them:
1. In a mixing bowl add the chocolate fudge protein powder, oat flour, almond butter, maple syrup, and oat milk.
2. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients, then fold to form a dough.
3. Place the dough into a parchment lined baking pan and knead until you have a flat square.
4. Heat the chocolate gems in 30 second increments and stir each time until they’re fully melted.
5. Evenly spread the chocolate on top of the dough forming a thick layer.
6. Place the tray in the refrigerator so the chocolate and the dough will harden (I left it in for about 40 minutes).
7. Once it’s hardened cut into squares and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
The original recipe was posted by @caiteygotplants.
*This article contains some affiliate links.